She has been rocking Old Man’s, Pretty Poison and everything in between: with her endless collection of all-time favorite mega hits, this lady does know what really melts our hearts. If you see Ms. Daria in the DJ booth, rest assured by the middle of the night you will be banging your head on the dance floor like there is no tomorrow. Today we chat with DJ Glazgow about vinyl, cassettes, and grilled mahi-mahi.
1.Punch in the face: Old Man’s or Pretty Poison for a Saturday night??
– Both, I reckon. Let’s start with a sunset in Old Man’s with friendly – not to say family-style – atmosphere, it’s like a second home to me. Then continue with an underground skate trash party at Pretty Poison. Also, depends on your mood as well.
2. Your DJ superpower is all-time rock mega-hits. Name a song that literally makes the party crowd EXPLODE every time you put it on?
– Black Betty by Big City Rock and Shout by Lulu & The Lovers
3. Favorite secret spots in Canggu?
– Secrets spots are meant to be secret? Ok, here you go: the unique for Bali vinyl shop Rewind Rec. at Batu Bolong (dream spot!) and Warung Satya, which seems to be always empty but they have absolutely the best grilled mahi-mahi, which comes with the rice fields view.
4. The best place to meet all the creative crowd at once?
5. You seem to know all the young local cool cats – who are the most interesting new faces we should keep our eye on?
– Kaset Kulcha, these young DJs play cassettes only: old school hip-hop, rock, punk and new wave. Their cassette collection is the biggest ever.
6. If Bali would be a rock mega blockbuster song, which one would it be?
– Lonely Boy by The Black Keys.