Kelly Bug Ariella is a stylist, a model and a part of Umalagon Collective. She’s one of the crew taking care of the upcoming Air Festival and a brain behind the new organic beauty line Wake Up With Me. Besides all that, she is a stunner we can’t take our eyes off! So hi ms Bug, apa kabar?
1. An ultimate Canggu experience one should get?
– Waking up early and starting the day with a cold coconut and a swim at Echo beach!
2. Is there any fashion scene in Canggu? Where to look at?
– I feel like there is a certain uniform in Canggu… I would like to see that evolve into something slightly different and alternative. My favourite shop is The Esoteric World at Batu Bolong, it offers an array of unique and beautiful clothing.
3. Perfect location for a fashion shoot ?
– I’m not sure if I want to share this little secret of mine [haha just joking ?] Echo Beach rock pools! They make for a moody and sophisticated back drop.
4. Coolest new place?
Can it be two places? Number one is Peloton Supershop recently opened by two good friends of mine, they serve the best vegan food ever! Second place is a little warung on Echo Beach that serves home style Japanese food. It’s owned by a lovely couple, and the guy has been working in Rioshi for years. This is the best place to have some yummy sushi and watch the sun go down. I honestly don’t remember the name, but it’s right there on the beach, just pass the Sandbar Echo Beach.
5. If you would be a head of banjar in Canggu, what law would you issue first thing?
– This is a hard one for me, being half Indonesian I resonate strongly with what happens in my homeland. Ban of plastic bags and plastic straws, right away! Then I would enforce stronger rules about development and educate the community about alternative uses for their land e.g: organic farming & other sustainable soulutions. The last thing we want is Canggu to turn into another Jalan Oberoi with no rice fields.
6. Best Sunday eva?
– The lazy one! Brunch at Peloton cafe and then a day spent under the sun at Echo beach accompanied by my adorable Bali dog Pascuela.